Tour Guide Job Description
Obsidian Cliff Tours is looking for safe, professional, and conscientious Tour Guides with outgoing and authentic personalities for the 2021 summer season.
Based in Jackson, WY, you will lead guests on guided tours to some most iconic historic and scenic places in Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. You will provide educational and fun tours helping to bring the National Park experience to life!
Join a great team of professionals who love what they do, love the product, and love working for a company that sells LIFE LONG MEMORIES!
We are hiring PT and FT Guides who are fun, safety minded, self-motivated, with excellent customer service and communication skills. You will share the cultural and natural history of the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem while providing a fun, interactive, educational experience for our guests.
You'll be driving on both paved and unpaved roads and will walk and while exploring various points of interest. You must be able to endure unpredictable weather, high altitudes, and drive 12-14 hours/day; walking on uneven terrain and walking/light hiking ability is required. We provide extensive training and seasonal positions typically last between 4 to 6 months with some flexibility regarding start and end dates.
- Clean Driving Record (no serious moving violations)
- At least 25 years old
- Have had a driver’s license for the past 5 years
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- Able to pass a Drug Screen and Background Check
- Certified to work in the U.S without restrictions for any employer at any time
- Attend multi-day guide preparation training
- Good physical condition (Able to frequently, quickly, and easily get in and out of a van, able to walk 2-4 miles a day, and occasionally lift 35 lbs.)
- Easy-going, flexible and patient; not easily agitated (or at least not showing it!)
- A sense of humor; quick to smile, laugh, and put others at ease
- Dependable and punctual; showing up-on time-when scheduled
- Good communication skills; promptly responding to texts, emails, or phone calls
- Available to work a minimum of 3 days/week between May 1st thru October 31st
- Reliable and responsible; able to work unsupervised, make decisions and manage continually-changing situations wisely and professionally
Perks and Benefits:
- Flexible schedule
- A friendly, small, family-owned business
- Full- and part-time jobs available
- Free tours for friends and family (subject to availability)
- Lots of cash tips!
- $17-25/hour (based on experience and qualifications)
- Additional $50-$200 in tips per tour (will vary depending on the type of tour and duration)
- $250 signing bonus
Obsidian Cliff Tours is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and a drug-free workplace. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.